Frequently Asked Questions

Do I need a permit to purchase a weapon?
– You do not need a permit to purchase a weapon. Please see your gun dealer for more information.

Can I get a Missouri State “Concealed Carry” in Daviess County?
– Yes, if you are a resident of Daviess County. Please see our CCW page for more information.

How do I find out how to send mail to an inmate, or find out visitation schedules?
– You will have to contact the Daviess Dekalb County Regional Jail. Their phone number is 660-367-2200.

How do I get an EX PARTE? (restraining order)
– During normal business hours, the exparte may be obtained by going directly to the Daviess County Courthouse and going to the Circuit Clerk’s Office. It is located on the second floor. If it is after hours, please contact the Sheriff’s Office.

How much does it cost to serve papers?
– Please see our Service Fees page.

What is the number to the ……
– Prosecutor: 660-663-4129

– Associate Court: 660-663-2532

– Treasurer:660-663-2432

– Recorder: 660-663-3183

– County Clerk:660-663-2641

– 911 Office: 660-663-4039

– Gallatin License Bureau: 660-663-5440

– Daviess County Conservation: 660-605-2893

-Missouri State Highway Patrol: 816-387-2345

– Kim Bailey, Probation & Parole: 660-663-3184

How do I obtain a copy of a motor vehicle accident report?
– Accidents occurring in the “rural” areas (outside of city limits) are responded to by the Missouri State Highway Patrol. Reports must be obtained directly from them. The highway patrol headquarters in St. Joseph (Troop H) is the main office for this area. They may be reached at 816-387-2345.